How to use the Windows Remote Desktop utility
- Right click My Computer on the remote computer and click on Properties.
- Click on Remote Settings on the left pane of the window.
- Next, check the Allow Remote Assistance Connections to this Computer checkbox.
- Click on the Allow connections from conmputers running any version of Remote Desktop radiobutton.
- Click Ok.
- Do the above steps for both local and remote computer.
- Make sure your remote computer is password protected. You would need that to connect it to the local machine. You can do this by going to User Accounts in Control Panel and clicking Set Windows Password.
- Go to the Remote Desktop Connection.
- Expand the window by clicking on Options on the bottom. Now put in the ip address and name of the computer you want to connect to.
- Click Connect.
- Put in the password of the remote computer in the next windows that pops up.
- Click on Yes if any other windows asks for authentication certificate.
- Your remote computer will log off and you can now access it on the local machine.