You have two options to clear the cache in Safari version 6:
- Use the "Empty Caches" option
- Select which items you want to clear by using the "Reset" option
- Select "Preferences" from the Safari Menu
- Select the "Advanced" tab and check the "Show Develop menu in menu bar" box
- You will now have a "Develop" menu available. Select "Empty Caches" from the Develop Menu.
- From the "Safari" menu, select "Reset Safari"
- You can now check and uncheck boxes to determine which items are cleared. The "Clear history" box will empty caches as well as clear the list of web pages you've viewed. (Note: information stored by plug-ins may not be deleted when you reset Safari, so some browsing history may remain.)