Microsoft Office mobile for iPhone requires an iPhone 4, 4S, 5, or later model or an iPod Touch 5th generation. The iOS version must be 7.0 or later.
To install Microsoft Office mobile for iPhone, do the following:
1) Go to the app store on the iPhone (you'll need to use your iTunes account)
2) Select "Search" and enter "Microsoft Office Mobile". Select the "Microsoft Office Mobile" app.
3) Select the "Free" button and then "Install." A circle will appear that will show the progress of the install. The install make take several minutes. When the install is done, the button will change to "Open"
4) Select the "Open" button and scroll through the introductory screens, then select "Get Started."
5) Sign in to activate the install using your SU email address (email@example.com) as the email address.
5) If prompted to select the "Microsoft Account" or "Organizational Account" select "Organizational Account"
6) Enter your netid password when prompted for a password.
7) Select "Continue to Office."
8) When you see a screen of sample documents, the app is activated and ready to use.