Links to download free utilities and anti-virus scanners for Windows.
Table of Contents
It is possible that having multiple anti-virus programs installed on the same computer can cause problems between each other. For this reason, it is suggested not to install more than one of the anti-virus programs displayed here. If you have Norton, Symantec or McAfee already installed on your PC, do not install another AV scanner.
The following is a list of software that can be used for cleaning viruses, spyware, and old files.
- Avira - Windows and Linux anti virus, firewall, anti spam, recovery solutions against malware infection NOTE: Free version asks you daily to pay for upgraded software. Compatible with AirOrangeX
- Microsoft Security Essentials - Windows Free Antivirus Program Compatible with AirOrangeX
Utilities for Disk Cleanup
- CCleaner - CCleaner is a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system.
Utilities to detect/remove Spyware
Combofix is a very advanced tool and has been known to damage computers if they are misused. Use at your own risk or contact an ITS technician.
- Combofix - ComboFix is a program that scans your computer for known malware, and when found, attempts to clean these infections automatically. Due to the power of this tool it is strongly advised that you do not attempt to act upon any of the information displayed by ComboFix without supervision from someone who has been properly trained.
- MalwareBytes - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is a high performance anti-malware application that thoroughly removes even the most advanced malware and spyware.
- SpyBot Search & Destroy - Spybot detects and removes spyware, a relatively new kind of threat not yet covered by common anti-virus applications. NOTE: It is preferred to run SpyBot without TeaTimer, this can be done by unchecking TeaTimer box when installing.
- SuperAntiSyware - SUPERAntiSpyware Professional will detect and remove thousands of Spyware, Adware, Malware, Trojans, KeyLoggers, Dialers, Hi-Jackers, and Worms.
Sources and Relevant Links