About Microsoft Teams at Syracuse University
What does Teams provide?
Microsoft Teams is the chat-based workspace in Office 365 that integrates all the members, content, and tools your team needs to be more engaged and effective. With Teams you can:
Pull together a team.
Use chat instead of email.
Securely edit files at the same time.
See likes, @mentions, and replies with just a single tap.
Customize it by adding notes, web sites, and apps.
What to know about Teams at Syracuse.
- Team Names - SU enforces a naming convention that ensures that all Team names are unique. This allows for easier discovery when looking for a specific team in the user interfaces.
- Names will be automatically prefixed with "Group-". This is to show that it is a group/team created by a user.
- Names will be automatically suffixed with number if there is a group/team that already exists with that name.
- Syracuse University - ITS may change the name of the group if it conflicts with official university departmental names. Some of the official names are located in the Brand Lock-Up Directory.
- Email to Team channels is allowed by default.
- Restricted to emails sent form @syr.edu addresses and sub domains.
- Email to a channel can be restricted to its members only (Team owners can control this).
Learn about Teams
Microsoft Teams tips & tricks
Accessing Teams on Windows or Mac OS
Sign-In to Office 365 - follow Sign-In steps and click on the Teams Icon
Accessing Teams on Mobile Devices