What is Office 365?
Office 365 is about productivity
- Sharing files
- Sharing spaces
- Collaborative/multiuser editing
- Real-time communication/persistence
- Interactive workflows
- Everywhere/On every device
Office 365 includes the classic Microsoft Office applications plus other secure productivity services that are delivered over the Internet. Office 365 offers cloud storage, (OneDrive), collaboration features (Teams), and digital notebooks (OneNote) among other features.
How do I Sign-In to Office 365 and find available Office 365 services?
You can find all Office 365 services available using your by using your @syr.edu email address and Netid password at the portal page: https://portal.office.com
Faculty & Staff - If you have not already setup Microsoft Office 365 Multi-factor Authentication please do so before continuing. Multi-factor Authentication Answers Page.
- Go to https://portal.office.com and type in your @syr.edu email address.
- Use your Netid password that is used for all other Syracuse University services.
- Click (or tap) on the Office 365 app launcher icon to see the menu of Office 365 web apps and services that are available to you. You can click on the app launcher icon while in any Office 365 web app to easily switch between applications.
- For all active Students and Alumni, email is provided through Office 365 Outlook. This can also be accessed using https://sumail.syr.edu.
- For active Staff and Faculty, email is provided using the campus Exchange mail system, accessible via https://exchange.syr.edu.
Not All Features Available for Students
Please note that OneDrive, Teams, OneNote (for Mac OS), Forms, Flow, Planner, Office Delve, and Stream is not currently available for active students. These applications will tentatively become available to students on July 17th, 2018.
Where can I learn more about Office 365?
Office 365 Training Center offers online tutorials of all of the features in Office 365
What if I am No Longer a Current Student or Staff/Faculty?
The Microsoft Licensing Program, through which Office 365 is being offered, is for current students and staff/faculty of participating Universities. If you are no longer eligible for the program (you graduate or leave the university), there are consumer or commercial Office 365 plans available. Once you are no longer eligible, Office 365 services will no longer be available for you to use, or with limited functionality. As such, any data you have stored in these services will no longer be available to you as well. You will need to retrieve any personal data you need to retain before you leave the University. If you are not an active student, staff, or faculty member, please refer to the IT Resources After Graduation, Retirement, Resignation, etc. page.