Follow the steps below to download your copy of Windows 10 Education.
Active Students Only
Windows 10 is only available to active students. Faculty and staff, while able to participate in other Office 365 ProPlus offerings, are not able to download the Windows 10 operating system.
Downloading Windows 10
Visit the OnTheHub Site
- Open your preferred web browser and visit syr.onthehub.com.
Register Your Account (if necessary)
- If you have not done so, use the register button and ensure that you select the "organization-issued email address".
- Before logging in, proceed to the syr.edu email address and confirm the account.
Note that this is not your NetID password. Updating your password through the University's yearly password change requirement will not update the password on this site. You are encouraged to create and manage a seperate password for OnTheHub.
Log Into Your Account
- Log into your account. If you have issues logging into an existing account, use the "Forgot Username or Password" option.
Add Windows 10 to the Cart
- Once logged in click on the Microsoft tab.
- Select Windows 10.
- Add Windows 10 to your cart.
Process Your Order
- Click on your shopping cart to reveal that Windows 10 has been added. Note that this will be free. Click "Check Out" to proceed.
- Review the license terms. You'll need to enter the username and type your full name. Click "Accept" to continue.
- The next screen will allow you to process the order. Review the information and click "Proceed With Order".
- Once at the Order Summary, you will get a receipt shortly after completing the order and selecting "Email order Receipt".
- Be sure to notate your product key. To begin installation, select "Get Started" and follow the instructions on the screen.
If you have issues related to accessing Window 10 in the OnTheHub site, completing your order, or the installation process itself, feel free to contact us by emailing email@example.com, calling us at 315-443-2677, or by stopping into the Service Center at 1-227 CST. Hours of Operation - its.syr.edu/supportsvc.
Free Installation for Students
Any student needing assistance with the installation of Windows 10 on their device is welcoming to bring the device to 1-227 CST during business hours. Consultants can perform any software related task, Windows 10 installation or otherwise, free of charge. Just bring your SUID card, the device, and the power adapter. Note that Windows 10, or other operating system installation, can take a significant amount of time and may require that you leave your device at the ITS Service Center for your request to be completed.