A guide to use FileZilla to access data from syr.edu
Table of Contents
Where to get ?
FileZilla is a free/Open Source FTP solution. Both a client and a server are available.
You can get it at FileZilla website
Using it while connected to AOX
- Start FileZilla.
- In Host insert the link from which you want to access the data. Change the link from http to sftp as shown in image
- Use your SU NetID and Password
- In "Port" insert 22. Just hover the mouse around port and FileZilla will suggest port for sftp, which is 22
- Click Quickconnect
- If you see the Unknown Host key warning you can ignore it and click OK.
- When you click OK, you will connect to remote site.
- Just drag the folder from Remote Site to location where you want to store data.
Using it while connected to other network
- While not connected to AOX, you can still use FileZilla. But you should be fist connected to SURA
- Once you are connected through SURA, the remaining procedure is same as above.