Access to the University's computing network and online services are controlled through the NetID user name and a password.
- NetID is derived from user name and no two NetIDs are the same.
- Applicants for admission to SU receive information about their NetID via US Mail from Office of Financial Aid a few weeks after submitting their application.
- New UC students receive information about their NetID via US Mail or in person, corresponding with the manner in which they register.
- Faculty and staff receive information about their NetID from their hiring department, as part of the process of becoming an employee of the University.
Before you can access university systems such as MySlice and Blackboard, you must "activate" your netid. During activation, you create a password for your account and set up a challenge question and response (these can be used to reset the password if you ever forget it). You can activate your netid at: SU's NetID Web page.
SU's NetID Web page can also be used to:
- change your password
- lookup your netid (you will need your SUID number)
- confirm your password (useful if the netid password doesn't appear to be working on one specific system)
- reset a forgotten password
- change your challenge/response question
Other Netid Help:
- Blank Screen When Activating NetID
- Dependents - Requesting a NetID (for SUMail)
- ECS - Computer account, computer labs, and support
- FirstStep Single Sign On - Request a Password Reset
- Forgot netid
- Forgotten NetID Password
- InCommon Federation Participant Operational Practices (POP)
- iSchool Software Downloads Account set-up
- NetID and resource - Eligibility and Expiration
- NetID - Conditions for Changing
- Personal Data Incorrect in Official University Records
- Public lab login issues
- Resetting your PIN
- SUID Card Photo Submission - Requests
- Unable to Activate NetId?