Faculty and staff at Syracuse University have access to setup secure voice conferencing via Verizon’s Instant Meeting Service. To have an account created or request further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Some of the features and benefits of this service include:
- Secure voice conferencing services
- Users are given a unique “800” number along with an administrator password and a participant password.
- International call-in ability
- Conference bridge numbers are associated with a master account that is administered by Telecommunications
- There is no charge for individual conference bridge #’s and they can be reused, but they must be used every 180 days.
- Usage is charged at $.03/minute/participant and is billed monthly via the Telecommunications Pinnacle billing system.
- Default maximum number of participants. The standard is 20. If more are needed we would need to request and there is an additional monthly charge.
How to use Instant Meeting
To invite participants to your conference call, provide them with the participant passcode and dial-in number information. The leader passcode is for your use only and should not be shared.
Joining a conference:
1. You must use a touch-tone phone to participate in an Instant Meeting conference.
2. Dial the appropriate access number.
Participants: Enter your numeric participant passcode followed by a # sign.
Leaders: Enter your numeric leader passcode followed by a # sign.
Private Help Menu
Roll Call (in conference)
Private Roll Call
Initial Settings (configured by Telecom; can be changed by Leader)
Quick Start: No
Name Record: Yes
Auto Continuation: Yes
Conference Entry: Enter and Announce
Waiting Room: No
Participant List: No
Reference Code Call-By-Call: No
Setting up call – you can have caller’s record name and have them in a holding room until leader has joined….or let them start before leader has joined.
You can have callers exit with a tone…or have their name announced when they exit the call.
For auto continuation, if leader hangs up…you can have the call continue or end.