Large Instrumental Ensembles
Auditions for Symphony Orchestra and Wind Ensemble will take place on August 26 (woodwinds and brass) and August 27 (strings). Sign-up sheets will be posted outside room 400 Crouse College during Opening Weekend.
- Wind Ensemble meets MWF 12:45–2:05 p.m. Please contact Dr. Bradley P. Ethington (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information. See the excerpts for your instrument to prepare below.
- Orchestra meets MWF 3:45 -5:05 p.m. Please contact Dr. James Tapia (email@example.com) for more information.
The orchestra auditions for string players are 2 Scales (major, 2 or 3 octaves as requested by auditioning committee), a 2-3 minute prepared solo or etude of the student’s choice, and prepared excerpts for your instrument, below:
- BASSOON: Bassoon 2019 (PDF 1MB)
- CLARINET: Clarinet 2019 (PDF 1MB)
- EUPHONIUM: SU Euphonium Audition 2019 (89KB)
- FLUTE: Mozart G Major (PDF 109KB) and Dvorak Symphony 8, 4th Movement (PDF 1MB)
- FRENCH HORN: French Horn 2019 (PDF 2MB)
- OBOE: Oboe Excerpts 2019 (PDF 5MB)
- SAXOPHONE: Saxophone 2019 (PDF 2MB)
- TRUMPET: Trumpet 2019, 3 excerpts (PDF 1MB)
- TROMBONE: Trombone 2019 (PDF 1MB)
- TUBA: SU Tuba Audition 2019 (PDF 83KB)
- VIOLIN: Violin 2019, 2 excerpts (PDF 1MB)
- VIOLA: Viola 2019, 2 excerpts (PDF 91KB)
- CELLO: Cello 2019, 2 excerpts (PDF 87KB)
- BASS: Bass 2019, 2 excerpts