The VPA Faculty Enrichment Fund provides small financial awards offered on a quarterly basis over the academic year to support a variety of faculty activities. Funding may be requested to support project completion, faculty development, creative and research activities, or enrichment of programs related to the disciplines in Art, Communication and Rhetorical Studies, Creative Arts Therapy, Design, Drama, Film and Media Arts, and Music. The VPA Faculty Enrichment Fund provides grants of up to $3,000.
All full-time VPA faculty are eligible to apply (tenured, tenure-track, and non-tenure-track). Part-time faculty are not eligible to apply for VPA Faculty Enrichment Fund grants; however, they can seek funding through the Adjuncts United Professional Development Fund. Eligible applicants must demonstrate their efforts to secure funding for proposed activities from their school or department prior to the submission of a Faculty Enrichment Fund application.
To allow funding of multiple projects, AY 2022/23 awardees are ineligible to apply this year. They will be able to apply again in the next academic year.
Applicants must provide a budget using the provided template on the application website. Justification for costs must be included for each line item. Examples of allowable costs include (but are not limited to):
- travel costs for conference travel or other activities contributing to faculty enrichment
- editing or image production costs for publications
- training, workshops or other professional development costs
- performance or exhibit-related costs
- software, supplies, or other related tools and materials essential to research and creative work
- support for hourly work by VPA graduate students
Unallowable costs include:
- faculty or staff salary or stipends
- subcontracts to external institutions
- purchase contracts that exceed the duration of the grant
- costs incurred prior to the submission of the grant request
The Office of Academic Affairs will grant requests on a rolling basis. However, applications will be reviewed and awards made on a quarterly basis. For AY 2023/24 submission deadlines are as follows for each review:
- Fall - Thursday, October 26, 2023
- Early Winter - Thursday, December 7, 2023
- Late Winter - Thursday, February 15, 2024
- Spring - Thursday, April 11, 2024
It is anticipated that quarterly deadlines will be updated each year and begin earlier in the semester for AY 2024/25. Additional details and restrictions can be found on the application website.