The VPA Shops are constantly working to improve work flow as our shops continue to expand with new methods of fabrication. With our recent growth in digital fabrication we will be transitioning to a new file submission format. As of fall 2019 we will be requiring all students, faculty, and staff to submit any files for the digital fabrication process through the Frevvo form posted below.
The following guidelines should be taken into consideration when naming and selecting a file for submission.
All file should be named using the following format– Student’s Net ID_ Material Type_Quantity_ Title of Job. (Please be sure to enter the quantity for each file in the comments of the submission form, as well)
- Plot Lab Submissions File Types – .pdf
- Riso Lab Template File Type (no submission necessary) – .psd
- 3D Printing Submission File Types - .stl (Exported in Millimeters).
- Laser Cutting Submission File Types - .ai , .dwg, and .3dm file types are acceptable.
- CNC Milling – .ai , .iges , .step, .3dm (Exported in inches).
- Vinyl Cutting - .ai , .pdf , .PSD
Simply fill out the form below and upload your file. Once the job is complete you'll receive an email with a receipt. If you have any questions you can contact us at email@example.com.
**Most files will be completed same day, however please allow up to one full business day for job completion. Inquires should only be made if files have not been received by the next business day. Please allow our staff time to process your requests.**
If you would like to submit laser cut files to us you will need to download one of the following templates within the link above. Each template will have detailed directions on how to incorporate your work with them.
If you have additional questions feel free to contact the Digital Shop Technician.
- Rhino 3D Laster Template
- Illustrator Laser Cutter Template
- Riso Lab Photoshop Template
- Auto CAD Laser Template
File Submission Form Request