These directions are for Students or Faculty/Staff who need to print from a SU-owned Windows computer connected to the SU network.
1. (a) Right click Start. (b) Select Settings.
2. Click Devices and Printers.
3. Click Add a Printer
4. Click The printer I want isn't listed.
5. Click Add a shared printer by name
6. In the name field enter: \\vpa-papercut-01\
7. When the list of printers appears below \\vpa-papercut-01\
8. Select the printer you want.
Please note: Faculty and Staff must use the FacultyStaff Queues. Example: vpa-papercut-01\VPA-FacultyStaff-Xerox 7970 Shaffer 102.
9. On the "You've successfully added" window, do the following:
The FacultyStaff queues are not hold/release, so the jobs print immediately.
Students who print to a Papercut printer will be required to login into https://printing.syr.edu with their Net ID and password to release the print jobs and be charged against their available Papercut funds.
For more information, visit Printing at Syracuse University.