Sign in and configure your account at https://syracuseuniversity.zoom.us/
In your Zoom web portal, click settings on the left-hand side of the navigation menu, scroll through settings. Note: some settings may be set by default.
- Enable Require a passcode when scheduling new meetings
- Enable Require a passcode for Personal Meeting ID (PMI) - Select All meetings using PMI
- Disable Only authenticated users can join meetings
- Disable Only authenticated users can join meetings from Web client
Schedule Meeting Settings
- Enable Host Video and Participants Video
- Select audio type to Telephone and Computer Audio
- Disable Allow participants to join before host
- Enable Mute all participants when they join a meeting
In Meeting Settings
- Disable Private Chat
Disable Sound notification when someone joins or leaves
- Enable Co-host
- Enable - Screen sharing - Who can share - All Participants - Who can start sharing when someone else is sharing? - Host Only
- Enable - When an alternative host is set or removed from a meeting - When enabled, the Alternative Host will receive an email upon the scheduling of a meeting.
- Enable Cloud recording - Enable Record active speaker with shared screen
- Enable Display participants' names in the recording
Schedule a Meeting from the Zoom web portal
Click Meetings in the navigation menu on the left. Click Schedule a Meeting (on the right-hand side).
Fill out the following sections
Topic: Enter a topic or name for your meeting.
Description: Enter an optional meeting description.
When: Select a date and time for your meeting.
Duration: Choose the approximate duration of the meeting.
Time Zone: By default, Zoom will use the time zone set in your profile. Click the drop-down menu to select the Eastern Time Zone.
Meeting ID: By default, Generate Automatically selected: This will generate a random unique meeting ID.
Security: Select Passcode - Type in capstone as the password.
Video: Select On for Host & Participant
- Host & Participant's will have the option to stop/start their video when joining the meeting.
Audio: By default, Both selected
Meeting options: Only select the following meeting options
- Mute participants on entry: Participants can unmute themselves after joining the meeting.
- Automatically record meeting: Select in the cloud - When you start the meeting, the recording will automatically start. Cloud Recordings will be saved to your My Media in your Kaltura Account at video.syr.edu.
- Alternative Hosts - The host can designate another user with a syr.edu account to be the alternative host. The alternative host can start and run the meeting on the host's behalf. This user will receive an email notifying them that they've been added as an alternative host, with a link to start the meeting. Enter email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com as alternative hosts.
Click Meetings in the navigation menu on the left. Under Upcoming Meetings - Click selected meeting.
Invite Link - Manually copy the meeting information by clicking Copy Invitation.
Copy the invitation and send it out via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I start or join a scheduled meeting as the host?
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal - https://syracuseuniversity.zoom.us/
- Click Meetings in the navigation menu on the left
- Under Upcoming Meetings, click Start next to the meeting you want to start.
- The Zoom client will launch automatically to start the meeting.
Here are a few steps to perform when you have started your meeting.
- Open Participants window: In this window, you will also have the ability to manage your participants. As host, you will have the ability to mute participant's audio and video. You will also have the ability to assign a participant to be a Co-host by selecting More next to the participants name.
- Open Security window - Verify Allow participants to Share screen, Chat, Rename Themselves and Unmute Themselves are selected.