- Schedule a Zoom Class in Blackboard
- Start a Zoom Class in Blackboard
- How to Conduct a Zoom Synchronous Classroom Lecture
- Post a Zoom Lecture Recording in Blackboard using Kaltura
- Note that Zoom cloud recordings start at the beginning of the Zoom class are automatically uploaded to your Kaltura MyMedia library page. Access your library at video.syr.edu
- Zoom Online Class Recommended Settings
For the best synchronous class experience, follow the below steps closely. For other recommended settings, please see Zoom Online Class Recommended Settings
Go to your Blackboard course shell, and click on the Zoom Online Class link.
- Click Schedule a New Meeting
- Enter the Zoom class topic with the name and section
- Set When (start date and time)
- Set Duration
- Check the Recurring Meeting box
- Select Weekly
- Repeat every 1 week
- Select the days of the week your class occurs on
- Set End Date
- Enter a Passcode
- Set host Video on
- Set participant Video off
- Audio Both
- Mute Participants on entry
- Only authenticated user can join, Syr.edu Only
- Record meeting automatically In the Cloud
- Optional: add your TA email address
Note: When instructors log into Zoom via Blackboard, they see any meetings they have scheduled in Zoom, regardless of their association with the course. Use descriptive meeting titles to organize your meetings to sort between classes/sections.
This will not be an issue for some instructors but may impact those who use Zoom for other functions or teach more than one section with Zoom.
When students log into Zoom via Blackboard, they see only the meetings scheduled for that course, regardless of instructor.