- Log into your Google Suites account using your @g.syr.edu account
- Go to https://forms.google.com
- Create a new Blank form.
- In the new Form create your layout for you your office hours.
- For the office hours question, make sure it is a dropdown question populated with you your different sign-up times.
- Once you have all of your options created. (You can do as many groupings as you want). Select the three vertical dots in the upper right-hand corner and choose Add-Ons.
- In the Google Forms add-on menu, search Choice Eliminator 2. Select the Add when the app icon comes up then select Add. It will ask for your permission to add it to your account, select Approve.
- Once it is added to you your account, you can select the Add-On button in the upper right-hand corner and choose Choice Eliminator 2.
- The Choice Eliminator 2 window will appear, select Configure.
- In the lower right-hand corner, select the options you want to add the Choice Eliminator to and select the box for Eliminate Choices.
- Once that is done, it will convert the options into removable options.
- Select the Choice Options from the green circle with the gear icon and you an can allow for multiple people to choose a time if you want.
- To reset the questions weekly, you will come to this menu and select the green circle with the three horizontal lines. Choose the blue circle with the box and arrow.
- is a manual button that you will have to reset weekly.
- To see how to set up for the whole semester, see the template at the bottom of this page.
- When you have the Form set to share, go to the Gear icon in the upper right-hand corner. Deselect the Restrict to users in Syracuse University and its trusted organizations, then Save.
- In the Send button, select the <> icon, then select Copy to select the embed code.
- Open Blackboard and go to the class you want to have this appear in. (You can share this with multiple classes.) Go to a Content area and select Build Content → Item.
- Name your Item, then select the <> button in the text editor.
- Paste the Embed code from Blackboard into the Source Code screen and Save. Then select Submit in the item.
- Here is what it should look like in Blackboard.
- This is set up to be used as a weekly sign-up, you will have to reset it weekly per step 13.
- Here is an example starting file you can Make a Copy and manipulate for weekly meetings.
- For the whole semester file, look at this: Semester Template.
****Make sure you make a copy for yourself before you start editing.