Access to Newhouse CAGE Equipment
All residential Newhouse students have access to equipment in the CAGE. Access to equipment will vary by course enrollment as defined by departmental production needs. Before students can sign out equipment, they must complete the equipment training modules that correspond with their courses in the Newhouse CAGE 2021-2022 Blackboard organization.
- Multimedia equipment can be checked out by current Newhouse students (borrowers) enrolled in a Newhouse class that requires the use of multimedia equipment as defined by the Department.
- Equipment access is derived by the students course enrollment and the associated equipment for those classes.
- Student (Borrower) checking out equipment must be enrolled in a Newhouse class.
- Borrowers are required to have prior training on equipment that they have access to. To get trained, join the Blackboard organization “Newhouse CAGE 2021-2022,” and you will see the various training modules to take.
- Items checked out from the Newhouse CAGE are on a first come first serve basis.
- Equipment requests must be made 24 hours in advance (based on normal business hours).
- Equipment requests can be made online up to two weeks in advance.
- Equipment requests will become a Reservation when the equipment requested is available. An email confirmation will be sent to the borrower when the equipment is ready for pickup.
- Any reservation not picked up within one hour of scheduled pick up time will be canceled.
- Equipment requests will take priority over walk up requests.
- There is a 24 hour wait period between reservations to ensure access to all students.