- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Note: Department events are facilitated and supported by the academic coordinators. Faculty members planning an event should contact their department chair and the academic coordinator for their department to get started. EVENT COORDINATORS: MAKE SURE TO ADD YOUR EVENT TO THE NEWHOUSE EVENTS GROUP ON TEAMS TO AVOID CONFLICTS.
Post your event on the community calendar: calendar.syracuse.edu/events/community/add
- Choose Newhouse School as the group; this will enable the event to display on the Newhouse website as well as the Syracuse University community calendar.
- Upload a horizontal image (recommended size: 2200px (w) x 1466px (h), 72dpi). Do not use the event poster. For assistance with calendar images, contact Lani Rich (email@example.com).
- Virtual/Zoom events should be set up with a registration function; do not post the direct event link. For information on how to set up registration, contact Amanda Griffin (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Once an event is submitted, it will be reviewed and posted within one business day.
Develop digital signage using the templates available from the Newhouse Style Guide at answers.syr.edu/display/newh/Style+Guide. These templates are required for all event signage. For design assistance, contact Jeff Passetti (email@example.com).
- Submit digital signs for posting on Newhouse screens by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Specify start and end dates.
Events will be shared twice on Newhouse social media channels: once when they are submitted, and a second time just before the event date.
If you wish to develop additional social media content, submit to Wendy Loughlin (email@example.com) for posting.
Emailing alumni (for virtual events only)
Syracuse University mandates all email communications with alumni go through the central Technical Systems and Services group. This is a multi-step process that must be planned in advance:
- Retrieval request
Fill out the form at https://suaccess.syr.edu/forms/retrieval.html to request a retrieval of your target audience (i.e. all Newhouse alumni, or alumni in a certain geographic region, etc.). Allow up to 10 business days for completion.
- Email build request
Contact Jeff Passetti (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request an email build. You must provide: event title, description, date and time, registration link, image (i.e. speaker headshot) and contact name/email for more information (the event organizer).
- Email blast scheduling
Fill out the form at https://suaccess.syr.edu/forms/email-blast.html to schedule your email. You must provide the code from your retrieval request (step #1, above) and the URL of the email build (step #2, above). Allow at least four business days for scheduling, probably longer (depending on other scheduled emails).