Student Print Accounts
Students are provided a $20 credit at the beginning of each academic year in August (this $20 credit covers the next 12 months) for printing services in the ITS public computer labs. The University's online Print Quota Management System automatically deducts the cost of the printing service from the $20 credit until the $20 credit is exhausted.
Adding Money to your Printing Account
- When the initial $20 credit has been exhausted, students can use a credit card to add money to their printing account through the University's online Print Quota Management System.
- Students can also use cash to add money to their account through the Schine Copy Center, Room 103 Schine Student Center, during normal business hours.
- Students will be notified via e-mail when their printing account balance drops below $5 and $1.
A print job that exceeds the balance remaining in a student's account will not print. For example, if there is $1 remaining in the account and a student submits a job for 30 single-sided pages (which would require a balance of $1.20) the job will not print.
Credits - Poor Quality Output
If an ITS-supported Public Computer Lab printer creates poor-quality printouts, students can bring the poor-quality printout to the Schine Copy Center and receive a credit on their printing account.
- Except as noted above, no refunds are provided from the University's Print Quota Management System.
- Students who do not use all of their initial $20 credit will not receive a refund for any balance left on the account at the end of the year.
- Students who add money to their accounts for additional pages will not receive a refund for any balances left on the account at the end of the year.
- All student printing accounts are reset to the $20 credit limit between the end of the second Summer Session and the beginning of the new academic year.
Managing your Printing Account
Students can manage their printing accounts using the University's Print Quota Management System. The system enables students to do the following:
- View the amount of money credited to them in their accounts
- View their printing history
- Add money to their account using a credit card
ITS Public Lab Printing
- Black-ink copies at 4 cents per sheet of paper (letter size; 8.5" x 11").
- Duplex or two-sided printing is the default printer setting for black-ink printers in all labs.
- Cost is 4 cents per printed page. Ex: 20 pages, single-side printing (so 20 pieces of paper), costs 80 cents.
- Instructions for one-sided printing:
- Choose PRINT in the File Menu.
- Select PROPERTIES from the PRINT Menu.
- Locate the ONE-SIDED (simplex) PRINTING option and select.
List of ITS-Managed Printers
To see the locations of printers managed by ITS where you can use your print quota: ITS-managed printers
To use the school's printers you must install the SURA utility and connect to the schools network printers
How to use the SURA utility > Network Printers.