The "Email This Issue" Screen now appears:
Note that a "preview" button is available at the bottom of the Body field. This preview button is only for previewing any text formatting entered into the box for "Body:" It does not preview the entire message.
Use the "View/Hide" button in the upper left-hand corner to display the issue details in the second column (assignee, reporter, summary, status, description, etc.) or hide the issue details from the screen display. This button will affect what issue details are contained in the email sent.
- Recipients (To): You must have at least one email address in this field (it cannot be blank). To select someone who is a user of Orange Tracker, type their username (use netID for SU users), last name, or email address in the first box and select the correct entry from the drop-down list of possible matches that appears. If the intended recipient is not an Orange Tracker user, enter their email address in the top box. If you are sending to more than one person, separate the entries with a comma. If you want to send the email to specific roles within the project (project managers, assignee, reporter, etc.) use the drop-down list of the second box.
- Copy Recipients (cc): Enter one or more people in the top box to be added to the "CC:" line of the email (they will receive a copy of the email). If you want to copy the email to specific roles within the project (project managers, assignee, reporter, etc.) use the drop-down list of the second box.
- Email Template: Currently, the only template available is "default."
- Subject: By default, the subject of the email is the Summary field of the issue. The subject can be changed if desired.
- Body / Canned Responses: Add text for the body of the email. This field displays the available Canned Responses that have been added into the system. The add a response, use the pull-down and select the response and hit the "Add Response" button. The response will be added into the Comment box below.
- If you do not see a canned response, or would like to add/edit one, please see your DSP and they will coordinate with the Orange Tracker team to bring it into the system.
- Canned Responses follow the same formatting rules as regular comments, and can use a wiki style to render additional formatting. See Comments in Orange Tracker for more information on text formatting.
- Comment Box: If you do not wish to use a canned response, then just type your message in this box. This body will also be included in the comment generated by "Email this Issue" (unless you specify that the body should not be added as a comment using the Email Options below) As with comments, you can add text formatting to the body of the email. The email must be sent in HTML format (see Email Options below) for the text formatting to be properly translated when the email is sent. See Comments in Orange Tracker for more information on text formatting.
- .Attach More Files: use to attach files (must be selected one at a time) to the email that is sent. The files will also be attached to the issue. Once at least one file has been attached to the email, a new "Attachments" section will appear to list the attached file(s).Email Template: Currently, the only template available is "default."
Email Options Button
Use the "Email Options" button in the upper left-hand corner of the issue to further control the behavior and format of the email that is generated.
- Add email recipients as watchers to the issue (note that the recipient must have permissions to view the issue for this to function properly)
- Send email with yourself set as sender (the project email address is used by default)
- Make replies go to you instead of the project issue (any replies will not be added as comments to the issue if you set yourself as the sender)
- Include issue comments in the outgoing email
- Choose HTML or Text for this email (needs to be HTML if using text formatting in body)
- You can choose to prevent the body of the email from appear in the comments by selecting "Thanks, I don't want to comment the issue" under comments settings. Note that the body of the email will still appear under the emails tab.
- You can set the comment visibility under "Comment Settings," but the usefulness of this is limited since the body of the email will be available in the Email tab to anyone who can view the issue. Note that If the default of "All Users" is used, the reporter will still be the only user to see the comment in the issue, since project and issue permissions still apply. Consultants and watchers can also see the comment, just like any other comment.
- If the notification scheme generates notification emails when comments are added, select "suppress event on adding comment" to silently add the comment.
- If you've modified and saved the email options, and want to return to the default settings for this email, use the "Reset to Default" link
NOTE: These eoptions options will only affect email sent using the "Email" button. The options do not affect email notifications generated automatically by Orange Tracker and email generated by "Request Feedback."
Before sending the email, select the "Preview" button at the bottom of the email to see what the email will look like.
You can also save the options you selected using the "Email Options" button to be used in future emails sent (applies only to email sent using the "Email" button). Use the "Send and Save Settings" button to save the selections you made under "Email Options" (recipients, subject, body, attachments, and template are not part of the saved settings) These settings are per user and browser specific. If you use multiple browsers with Orange Tracker, you will need to set the email options in each browser.
Below is a screenshot of an email generated by the "Email" button. The email body will include the following information from the issue: