|Table of Contents|
Accessing the copier interface
To access the Xerox copiers to add/delete users, reset usage count (monthly), run user reports (Admin password needed) follow the links and instructions. Each machine has its own web-link but same password (ask supervisor for password)
Properties > Login/Permissions/Accounting >Accounting Methods > Report and Reset
To Add user (navigation box top-left)
- New faculty are assigned a copier code when they start (you can do on request as well). Usually the code is for department usage.
- New postdocs get copier code with permission of the supervising faculty member.
- Delete numbers as people leave the department.
- There is one copier code for all graduate students to share
How to run user report
- Login on the copier following the instructions above.
- Click on Download Report
- On the popup Window click Save
- Once it is saved, you can choose to highlight ‘Resets’ and click on the ‘Reset Usage Data’ button
How to calculate the billing for class copies
- Create a User report from the following “Properties > Login/Permissions/Accounting >Accounting Methods > Report” to acquire the total copies for the month.
- The total will be auto calculated on the first sheet of the spreadsheet will have the copier cost amount.
- Use this total to produce a journal entry Debiting the activities program and crediting the general operations program. Be sure to include the spreadsheet in the journal entry.
Toner recycling process
For Xerox copiers
- When you replace your spent consumable, save the box the new consumable comes in. Place your spent consumable inside the box, then put that box into the Eco Box located in the mail room (room 261) to return the spent supply item to Xerox.
- If needed,Order free Eco Boxes from Xerox Corporation . Click "order boxes" and add the kit to your shopping cart. Each Eco Box can hold 5-30 used items. Provide your shipping information and submit your order. Eco Box orders cannot be shipped to a P.O. Box. Please be sure to provide a valid shipping address to avoid cancellation of your order.
- Ship - For your convenience, your Eco Box comes with a pre-paid return label applied to the box. To return your Eco Box for recycling:
For HP printers
- Place your spent consumable inside the box and use the free shipping label enclosed in every new box of HP LaserJet toner cartridges.
- Fill out label, stick to the outside of box and close it
- Place the box in the mail room (room 261)