- Recipients (To): You must have at least one email address in this field (it cannot be blank). To select someone who is a user of Orange Tracker, type their username (use netID for SU users), last name, or email address in the first box and select the correct entry from the drop-down list of possible matches that appears. If the intended recipient is not an Orange Tracker user, enter their email address in the top box. If you are sending to more than one person, separate the entries with a comma. If you want to send the email to specific roles within the project (project managers, assignee, reporter, etc.) use the drop-down list of the second box.
- Copy Recipients (cc): Enter one or more people in the top box to be added to the "CC:" line of the email (they will receive a copy of the email). If you want to copy the email to specific roles within the project (project managers, assignee, reporter, etc.) use the drop-down list of the second box.
- Email Template: Currently, the only template available is "default."
- Subject: By default, the subject of the email is the Summary field of the issue. The subject can be changed if desired.
- Body / Canned Responses: This field displays the available Canned Responses that have been added into the system. The add a response, use the pull-down and select the response and hit the "Add Response" button. The response will be added into the Comment box below.
- If you do not see a canned response, or would like to add/edit one, please see your DSP and they will coordinate with the Orange Tracker team to bring it into the system. Comments in on text formatting
- Comment Box: If you do not wish to use a canned response, then just type your message in this box. This body will also be included in the comment generated by "Email this Issue" (unless you specify that the body should not be added as a comment using the Email Options below) As with comments, you can add text formatting to the body of the email. The email must be sent in HTML format (see Email Options below) for the text formatting to be properly translated when the email is sent. See Comments in Orange Tracker for more information on text formatting.
- .Attach More Files: use to attach files (must be selected one at a time) to the email that is sent. The files will also be attached to the issue. Once at least one file has been attached to the email, a new "Attachments" section will appear to list the attached file(s).