Before you connect, please note the following important considerations for using the RDS solutions.
Save your work to your network (H:\) drivea network location
Just like physical labs, any files saved to the local hard drives C: drive will be removed permanently.
- Save to G: or H: network drives, or cloud-based Onedrive
Save your work often
- Only one session can be active per user. Logging into another session will disconnect from the previous and reconnect on the new session.
- Google Chrome, Firefox, and Edge are the recommended browsers for connecting through the Web user interface.
- Please be aware: Users are required to have their Microsoft Two-Factor Authentication setup before using RDS.
- Idle sessions will automatically be logged out after 2 4 hours.
Configuring and Connecting to RDS
|Adobe CC||Shared Device|
|ArcGIS||10.7 for Desktop|
|Matlab||2019b 2021a x64|
|Microsoft Office Pro Plus||64 bit|
|Microsoft OneNote 2016||64bit|
|Microsoft Project Pro||64 bit|
|Microsoft Silverlight||5.1 64bit|
|Microsoft Visio Pro||64 bit|
|Minitab Quality Companion||5.3.0|
|MS Sql Management Studio||18.9.2|
|MS Visual Studio Code||Current|
|Pallisade Decision Tools||8|
|Putty||0.74 75 x64|
|SPSS Statistics||26 27 x64|
|3.5.0||SU Sherman Fonts||2.0|
If you are a faculty or staff member and require a particular software for administrative or academic purposes, please contact your academic or administrative support personnel to determine how best to deploy the software.
Web User Interface Issues
Going into Full Screen mode can cause the connection to go black.Screen unresponsive
- Resolution: Reload the browser page, you will be brought back into your active session after you log back in.
- Keyboard and Mouse input issues.
This is a local hardware compatibility issue --with varied models of laptops\desktops\keyboards\mice.
- Resolution: Utilize an alternative connection method to RDSmachine or the RDP client to connect.
RDS - RDP Client Issues
- Windows Store RDP App freezes\disconnects.
- This is currently a known issue with the Remote Desktop Client.
- Resolution: Utilize the native Windows 10 Remote Desktop Client.