- Mac computers build on the unique capabilities of Apple hardware and have a system security is designed to maximize the security of the operating systems on Apple devices without compromising usability. System security encompasses the boot-up process, software updates, and the ongoing operation of the OS.
- Technologies like XD (execute disable), ASLR (address space layout randomization), and SIP (system integrity protection) make it difficult for malware to do harm, and they ensure that processes with root permission cannot change critical system files.
- As long as your Mac is up to date with the latest operating system, as of March 2020 this is macOS Catalina 10.15, then your Mac has protection from viruses that can do harm.
- As a supplemental precaution, we recommend downloading an AdWare/Spyware remover program called MalwareBytes. Any computer that can connect to the internet can get malware but most times it is quickly and easily removed by running an industry standard program like MalwareBytes.
Adblock - Block YouTube ads & protect add additional layer of protection
- Advertisements and popup links on websites may claim to provide a free app or service, but many times these links are malicious and result in a malware infection.
- To avoid this risk, and to potentially improve your web-browsing experience by blocking intrusive ads, including YouTube ads, use Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome as your web browser and install the uBlock Origin ad-blocker addon via one of the links below:
- Mozilla Firefox installation link: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/
- Google Chrome installation link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ublock-origin/cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm?hl=en
While browsing SU websites or any other website you fully trust or may want to support by allowing advertisements, disable uBlock Origin by clicking on it's iconat the top-right of your browser, then click the "power" icon which will disable it only for the website you are currently visiting.
Info Note: uBlock Origin is a free 3rd-party tool not provided by or directly supported by ITS