The SU NetID
The University NetID provides access to a variety of computing services depending on the client's status or role within the University. Services include:
- Applicants for admission to Syracuse University
- Matriculated and current non-matriculated students Students (as defined by the Registrar)
- Current faculty Faculty and staff (as defined by Human Resources)
- Spouses and dependents of faculty, staff, and students (by request)
- Retired faculty and staffwith eligible sponsorship, other associates, and spouses and dependents
- Starting in Fall 2014, all NetID owners are required to change their password at least once per year.
- An email will be sent to NetID owners 30 days prior to their password expiration date, notifying them that they must change their password to avoid expiration.
- If the password expires, the NetID is disabled. Once the account becomes disabled, all resources that require the NetID and password are no longer accessible.
How long are resources that are accessed through the NetID available?
Applicants to Syracuse University may only use their NetID to access MySlice. NetIDs assigned to applicants who decide not to attend SU are disabled in about 1 year after the fall semester for which they applied.
Applicants that become students at SU have their access changed to include such things as e-mail (SUmail), wireless and wired network services, and access to computer labs. The same access is granted to non-matriculated (e.g. University College) students. These services are available for roughly one year The duration of access after the student becomes inactive (program becomes inactive and/or student stops registering) varies for each resource. SUMail is retained in perpetuity. MySlice access is retained for about 2 years after the last term of registration. Data files are retained for 2 years after the last term of attendanceregistration and if the student's program is no longer active.
Students under judicial suspension may lose access to e-mail and other SU computing services.
Faculty and Staff
Faculty and staff use their netid to access resources such as email (Exchange), wireless, mySlice, deskotp logins (for computers in SU's Active Directory domain), VPN (SURA), and home/shared directories. Current faculty and staff have access to these resources throughout their employment at Syracuse University (and during temporary work breaks). Access to certain administrative and academic information systems are governed by data custodians/administrators of those systems.
Access to computing systems for this population is available upon request and is dependent upon the faculty, staff, or student's status at the University. (If the dependent is or becomes a student, faculty, or staff, the rules for student, faculty and staff will apply.)
Access to systems that require a NetID are contingent upon exit agreements made with Human Resources and/or the department of employment.