If you have any questions, or in the event of a problem, please contact Kitty Nasto at the H.D.F.S. office at 315-443-1715 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Internship Information Form
- Letter of Understanding
- Mid-Term Evaluation of Student Performance in Internship
- Final Assessment of Student Performance in Internship
- Time Sheet Verification
- Final Time Sheet Verification
Writing Measurable Objectives
The internship experience should be guided by measurable objectives that are formed in consultation with the organization supervisor and approved by the faculty sponsor.
An objective is a statement defining a desired outcome. The use of action verbs will provide a description of expected action to be achieved by the student. In all situations, begin the objective with an action verb that will clearly describe the nature of the expected outcome.
Include only one task or situation per objective. An objective should denote measurable outcomes. Read each objective and ask yourself if it meets the criteria below.
- Relates to concepts of Human Development and Family Science
The following is a list of sample objectives that are appropriate for many HDFS placements. In some cases, the objectives from this list may be simply revised to reflect a specific situation. In other cases, entirely different objectives will be needed:
- Understand and explain the organizational structure of the agency.
- Analyze demographic characteristics of a subgroup of the population.
- Arrange/coordinate workshops or conferences.
- Assist clients; (indicate in what specific ways/areas.)
- Complete surveys needed by the organization.
- Demonstrate ability to manage time efficiently.
- Describe services offered by the organization.
- Edit and/or revise existing educational materials.
- Exhibit skill interacting with clients; (indicate specific skills.)
- Assess the managerial style of assigned supervisor.
- Participate in seminars, staff meetings, etc.
- Plan/prepare data about users of the service(s).
- Research specifically assigned topics.
- Write clear reports, letters, newsletters.