Connect to RDS via Remote Desktop
- Accessing the RDS Collection
Launch the Remote Desktop app on your OS and click on the + Add button > Workspaces
- You can access RDS by entering your email <NetID>@syr.edu
- Click on Subscribe to add the collection(s) to your Workspace
- You will now be able to access your collection directly
When prompted for login to the collection resource
- Username: Enter your email in the format <Your NetID>@syr.edu.
- Password: Enter your NetID password.
RDP Error - "There was a problem connecting to the remote resource. Ask your network administrator for help"
Download the RDP file again following the instruction above. The old file may no longer hold correct connection information.
We're here to ensure you have a smooth experience with RDS. If you need assistance:
Faculty and Staff: For the most efficient support, it's recommended to start with your respective academic or administrative support teams. They're equipped with tools and knowledge tailored to your needs.
Retrieving an RDP File for RDS
To connect through the RDP client, you first need to obtain the RDP file from the web client.