Advising Forms for All Students
- Petition to Faculty
- Proposal for Independent Study (Registrar form)
- Change of Advisor Form
- Authorization to Release Educational Information (FERPA) (Registrar form)
- Request for Incomplete Grade (Registrar form)
First Term Enrollment Forms
- First Year Students Course List (PDF)
- Directions for Online Freshman Registration for iSchool students (PDF)
- Directions for Online Freshman Registration for Whitman/iSchool dual students (PDF)
Declaring an iSchool Minor
Any current Syracuse University student with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 may declare a minor in the iSchool.
There are two steps to declare an iSchool minor:
Instructions for the Registrar's Declaration of Minor Form
- Complete the top half of the form. Everything above "I WISH TO DECLARE MINOR IN:"
- Under, "I WISH TO DECLARE MINOR IN"
- Input the name of the iSchool minor and accompanying minor code
- Data Analytics, minor code DAT10MIN
- Information Management & Technology, minor code INF10MIN
- Information Technology, Design & Startups, minor code INF35MIN
- Sign/type your name in line #3.
- Save the file using the following naming convention "Last Name_iSchool Minor_date"
- Email the completed form to iUndergrad@syr.edu
After you complete this process, the iSchool Office of Student Services will take care of getting the appropriate signatures for you and send it to your home college/school for full processing. Process times vary for different schools and colleges. We recommend you reach out to your academic advisor with any questions or concerns.
Intra-University Transfer Application
The iSchool IUT admissions process is competitive. Students must apply online for IUT admission into the iSchool before completing the registrar's IUT form.
- iSchool IUT Application Form
- Application for Undergraduate Intra-University Transfer (Registrar form)
Declaring a Concentration
- Petition to Transfer Credits
- Program of Study Form
- Full-Time Certification Form (Graduate School form)
- Last Semester Memo (Center for International Students form)
Ph.D. in Information Science and Technology Forms
- Temporary Advisor Form
- Advisor Change Form
- Evaluation Team Report Form
- Committee Members Form
- Meeting to End Program of Study Form
- End of Program of Study Form
- Scheduling a Proposal Defense Form
- Proposal Defense - OUTCOME Form
- Scheduling a Dissertation Defense Form
- Dissertation Defense - OUTCOME
- Master's Thesis Evaluation - OUTCOME
- IST Travel Grant Application Form (2016-2017)
- IST ABD Verification Form