- Describe fundamental data and database concepts including various storage models.
- Explain and use the database development lifecycle and data models.
- Analyze business problems and design and implement appropriate data-oriented solutions using the relational data storage model.
- Solve problems by constructing database objects and queries using the SQL language.
- Identify performance and data integrity improvements of existing database designs and implementations.
- Evaluate and select approaches for data migrations, temporal data, and data normalization.
- Critique the effectiveness of DBMS in computer information systems.
Other iSchool Courses