- Have a good understanding of metadata concepts, standards, and practices.
- Become familiar with various metadata schemas and application profiles.
- Design and implement a metadata scheme for an application domain by using standards or developing application profiles.
- Understand the basics of semantic technologies (linked data, ontologies, and encoding).
- Understand metadata interoperability and develop mechanisms for metadata transformation and communication between systems.
- Design the search and navigation architecture based on metadata elements.
Other iSchool Courses