- Intentionally and frequently engage in self-care before you feel like you need it.
- Employ skills and strategies that support emotional and physical well being.
- Do what works for you and feels right. Aim for healthy behaviors.
- Show kindness and compassion to yourself.
- Allow yourself to disengage from activities that could deplete your physical and emotional resources. If these are activities that you must do, engage in bursts of activity and follow-up with an activity that refills your energy.
- Develop a self-care plan. List of activities that are good for you; people you can talk with and/or call; positive statements to encourage yourself.
- Seek help if you are beginning to feel overwhelmed.
More on self-care can be found at