- Look directly at the camera.
- Position yourself so the windows are facing you and avoid overhead lighting. Make sure the light source is in front of you, not behind you, so you don’t get accidentally silhouetted. If you need additional light, place a lamp in front of your face.
- Keep your hand movements/gestures to a minimum.
- Lighter colors will always work best. Avoid clothes that are really dark and that have patterns, they do not show well on camera. Avoid accessories that make noise.
- Be sure to have good posture, avoid seats with wheels/swivels, overstuffed cushions, or are squeaky.
- Don’t join a meeting/webinar in noisy areas. Pick a quiet place without an elaborate backdrop so that you can be the focal point on the screen.
- Remove anything distracting behind you. Tidy up your space and make sure it is not cluttered or messy. Use a virtual background.