The information below is specific to the College of Law.
Files or folders stored on the G: drive are backed up twice daily. The backup is retained for 30 days. Files or folders which have been inadvertently deleted from the G: drive can be restored using the process below.
- Navigate to the containing folder
- If a file was inadvertently deleted from G:\LAW\ITSS\Scans, navigate to G:\LAW\ITSS\Scans
- If the folder "Scans" (G:\LAW\ITSS\Scans) was inadvertently deleted from the ITSS folder, navigate to G:\LAW\ITSS
- Right-click an empty space within the containing folder, then choose Properties
- Click the Previous Versions tab in the Properties dialog
- Note the timestamps of the backups and select the version you wish to restore
- You may now Open the backup to view the files contained within or Restore the backup to completely overwrite the current version of the folder with the previous version
- Opening the backup allows you to select individual files, which you can then drag to the current version of the folder or otherwise save to an appropriate location
- Note: Do not simply edit and save documents to the opened backup folder, as this folder will be deleted after 30 days
- Restoring completely replaces the current version of the folder with the version stored as a backup
- Doing so overwrites any changes that have happened since the backup
- This means that inadvertently deleted files will be restored, but...
- This also means that any intentional changes made since the backup will also be overwritten