Connecting remotely to your desktop machine in the BBI will allow you to have access to your G: and H: drives, as well as all other University assets. This is a two-step process: You must first run a VPN (either SURA for PCs, or the Mac VPN), and then connect to your machine.
VPN (Virtual Private Network)
To connect remotely, a user must first connect to the University's virtual private network (VPN). The VPN will ensure the security of your connection.
Information on setting up University VPNs can be found on ITS's Answers page: SURA and Mac VPN
Create a new PC connection.
This information has been updated following the decommissioning of SURA and the Mac VPN in Spring 2022.
Accessing a virtual desktop via RDS
Please visit the RDS system documentation for detailed information on connecting to the virtual desktop.
- Connect to RDS using your own student credentials
- From the RDS desktop, open Remote Desktop Connection app
- In Start Menu search bar, type Remote Desktop Connection and select the search result for the app
- Enter the computer name "law-bbivmclust.syr.edu"
- Click Connect
- You may ignore warnings about the remote connection's certificate
- When prompted, enter your ABLT credentials
- in format "ad\[
- ABLT##]" without quotes and your
- assigned password
All questions regarding remote connection to LAW machines can be directed to the LAW IT department at: