This document describes how instructors can view a student Turnitin assignment after it has been submitted
- In the Control Panel, click on Course Tools > Turnitin Assignments
A list of Turnitin assignments appear. Click on the assignment
If this is the first Turnitin assignment, a Roster Sync may be necessary
Click on Roster Sync
Student roster from Blackboard is loaded into Turnitin
To view a student's submission, click on the file icon to download the assignment
Click on the colored block to ask the Similarity and Grading Report
Turnitin Document Viewer will open
Click Follow the link to the assignment in the location where you created it for your students to go to the Assignment Inbox.
- Clicking the paper title, similarity score, or pencil icon will launch the Feedback Studio to view and grade the paper. The triple-dot menu at the end of the row will let you download a paper, delete a student submission, or upload a paper on behalf of a student.
- With the Feedback Studio open, Click on the Layers icon to access the Similarity and Grading Report
- Click on the check mark and paper and pencil icon to add QuickMarks and Text Comments
Grading Turnitin Assignments by Groups
Note: To follow these steps groups must have already been created in your course
- In the Control Panel, click on Course Tools > Turnitin Assignments by Groups
This will bring up all of the Turnitin assignments that have been created in the course
Click on the assignment name to open it:
This will open the assignment and allow you to select groups of students. Using the drop down menu, select the group you wish to view.
This will bring up the list of all of the students in the class and the links to their assignments
Click on the title of the student’s paper to bring up the assignment, which will come up in the GradeMark viewer. Clicking the percentage under the originality score will bring up the assignment in the Originality view. Please see the instructions below on how to switch between views
Viewing the Similarity Report