- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
A canned response is predefined text that Agents can use to reply to frequently asked questions. Project Admins can create shared canned responses for the project and Agents can only create personal canned responses and cannot be shared. Currently there is a limit of 100 shared canned responses per project.
Create a Canned Response
To create a canned response:
Open any ticket
Under the Comment section, select Add internal note or Reply to customer
Select the Canned responses button
Select Create new
Enter the following details:
Select Personal if you want to make your response available to yourself only
Select Shared to create a response that all the agents in your service project can use
- Name - Give a unique name to your response. Use names that explain the content of your canned response
Response - Use this field to enter the response that you will reuse while replying to your customers or team members. Variables can be used.
Select Create to save your response
List of Variables
There are several variables you can use to pull information from the ticket:
- Current user: The full name of the person inserting the canned response to reply to the customer.
- Issue assignee: The full name of the team member assigned to work on the request. If there isn't one, it is left blank.
- Issue description: The description of the issue, or blank if there isn’t one.
- Issue key: The issue key (for example, IT-123).
- Issue reporter: The full name of the user that reported the issue.
- Issue resolution: The customer-visible resolution status of the issue.
- Issue summary: The summary of the issue, or blank if there isn’t one.
- Portal URL: The portal URL, which can be seen on the Portal settings page.
- Request status: The customer-visible status of the request, as shown in the portal.
For more information, please see the Atlassian page: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/create-a-canned-response/
On This Page
|Table of Contents|
|Content by Label|