The "Email This Issue" Screen now appears:
Note that a "preview" button is available at the bottom of the Body field. This preview button is only for previewing any text formatting entered into the box for "Body:" It does not preview the entire message.
Use the "View/Hide" button in the upper left-hand corner to display the issue details in the second column (assignee, reporter, summary, status, description, etc.) or hide the issue details from the screen display. This button will affect what issue details are contained in the email sent.
Use the "Email Options" button in the upper left-hand corner of the issue to further control the behavior and format of the email that is generated.
- Add email recipients as watchers to the issue (note that the recipient must have permissions to view the issue for this to function properly)
- Send email with yourself set as sender (the project email address is used by default)
- Make replies go to you instead of the project issue (any replies will not be added as comments to the issue if you set yourself as the sender)
- Include issue comments in the outgoing email
- Choose HTML or Text for this email (needs to be HTML if using text formatting in body)
- You can choose to prevent the body of the email from appear in the comments by selecting "Thanks, I don't want to comment the issue" under comments settings. Note that the body of the email will still appear under the emails tab.
- You can set the comment visibility under "Comment Settings," but the usefulness of this is limited since the body of the email will be available in the Email tab to anyone who can view the issue. Note that If the default of "All Users" is used, the reporter will still be the only user to see the comment in the issue, since project and issue permissions still apply. Consultants and watchers can also see the comment, just like any other comment.
- If the notification scheme generates notification emails when comments are added, select "suppress event on adding comment" to silently add the comment.
- If you've modified and saved the email options, and want to return to the default settings for this email, use the "Reset to Default" link
Before sending the email, select the "Preview" button at the bottom of the email to see what the email will look like.
You can also save the options you selected using the "Email Options" button to be used in future emails sent (applies only to email sent using the "Email" button). Use the "Send and Save Settings" button to save the selections you made under "Email Options" (recipients, subject, body, attachments, and template are not part of the saved settings) These settings are per user and browser specific. If you use multiple browsers with Orange Tracker, you will need to set the email options in each browser.
Below is a screenshot of an email generated by the "Email" button.