It is recommended that you first attempt Mobility Print prior to the steps below as it requires far fewer steps to print. Instructions can be found here: https://www.papercut.com/support/resources/manuals/mobility-print/mobility-print-devices/topics/en/client-setup-ios.html
|Table of Contents|
Step 1 - Locate System Preferences
Go to the Apple menu and click System Preferences
Step 2 - Select Printers & Scanners.
You may need to manually enable the Print & Fax option. If you do not see it by default, click the Show All button to reveal Print & Fax. Once visible, select Printers & Scanners.
Step 3 - Add The Printer
Under the printers list click on the + icon to add a new printer.
Step 4 - Configure the Printer
On the toolbar at the top part of the window, click the Advanced (gear) icon.
If if the printer has any "Installable Options" a window will open next. You should select the "Duplex Printing Unit" option in this window before selecting Continue.
How to Print
- Open the file you wish to print
- Go to the File menu and choose Print. From the printer dropdown, select the printer that you want to use. (NOTE: Snow Leopard users who did not already add the "Duplex Printing Unit" will need to take an additional, one-time, step in order to print double-sided. Go to System Preferences, Print & Fax, select the double-sided printer, then select "Options & Supplies", select the "Driver" tab and check the "Duplex Printing Unit" option. Then click "OK".) Then, click the Print button in the file you wish to print.
- You will be asked to log in as a "registered user". Type your SU NetID in ad\NetID format -- for example, ad\jdoe. Your password is your SU NetID password. Be sure to use your SU Login, not your Mac username Without the ad\ your authentication will fail AND if you go on to the next step with that mistake, you will have saved incorrect information into the Keychain. Refer to Keychain Management if you need help removing the login information.
- Once you are sure that you have used the ad\login format, check the box to save your credentials in the keychain. Click OK.
- Once you are ready, click Print.
|If your document fails to print, you may need to open the print queue (from Print &Fax menu located in System Preferences), double-click on the document name in the queue and enter your credentials as directed in Step 3. If the window never pops up, you may have set up a keychain access for that. In order to remove it, search for Keychain Access and remove the password associated with wireless printing.|
Can't Add a printer?
Make sure the device has a connection to a network (wired or wireless). Is the username and password correct? You can confirm this on the NetID self serve page.