Use the calendar tool to the right of the due date field to set the due date using the correct date format.
Setting a due date does not affect the status of the issue. However, you can search on due date within "search for issues" to help you track issues that are due or coming due in the future.
- Select "Issues" and then "Search for Issues"
- Select "More" from the search criteria menu
- Enter "due" in the search box and then select due date
- You can now narrow down the due date by one of the options listed:
- Now overdue
- Overdue by more than a specified number of minutes
- Due in a certain number minutes or "is"/"is not" overdue
- Due in a specified date range, using the calendar tool to specify
- Due in a specified date range, using JQL format to specify
If your project is configured with a workflow that includes the "Schedule Work" option, you can select "Schedule Work" from the "Workflow" button and then set a due date in the "Schedule Work" screen that appears. This will change the status to "Scheduled." You can use this status and the due date you enter to filter and organize issues. When the due date that is set arrives, however, the status will not automatically change. You need to manuallly update the issue to change that status from scheduled.