The print quota for each student is set at 500 pages just prior to the first week of each school year. This print quota applies to any printing that is done anywhere on campus not just within ENG-CS. Your print quota may be checked at any time by going to https://suprinting.syr.edu/index.cfm. Login using your NetId and password. The bottom left of the screen displayed will show you your current Print Credit Remaining in a dollar value. Although this dollar value will change slightly based upon the printer used, each print page is worth approximately $0.05 per page. (Variation based on color vs Black & White; or paper size used). As you print, your quota will be reduced accordingly.
Once your print quota had reached the 90 % level, a message will be displayed informing you of your print quota status and explaining that you can purchase additional print pages by selecting the “Add Money to Quota” option. You can use a Credit Cart for this purchase.
REMEMBER, Print Quotas are reset EVERY year! Unused print quotas will not accrue and cannot be applied to the next year.
We understand that there are special circumstances where additional print pages are required for TA’s and students working for an individual professor or department. If this scenario applies, please ask the supervising professor or staff member to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining an estimated number of additional print pages you may need and the changes will be applied within the current year ONLY. These changes do not carry to the next year.
Color printing is available to any student taking courses in the College of Engineering and Computer Sciences. The cost per page is $0.15 single side, $0.07 for the duplexed back side. This amount will automatically be deducted from your SU print Quota as you print.
Location of printers for student/faculty use within ENG-CS:
Public Lab Printers (B&W):
Link 011 HP LaserJet 600 M602
Link 201 HP LaserJet 4515
Link 202 HP LaserJet 4515
Link 274 HP LaserJet 4515
CST 1-231 HP LaserJet 4014
CST 3-116 HP LaserJet 600 M602
Link 201 Color Ricoh Aficio SP C431DN
Students that need to print a poster
From time to time students will need to print a poster for a variety of reasons:
• To assist in visual aids when presenting in a class.
• To present at a conference session.
• To participate in college activities, for example the Nunan Competition.
To have their work displayed on the walls throughout or college facilities at the request of the faculty.
For students to have their poster printed in the college, a few steps need to be taken for the process to flow properly:
1. Discuss with your sponsoring faculty member what is to be printed and get their approval.
2. The faculty member should email the ECS Help Desk authorizing the intent to print. a. Identifying the student who will bring us a file for poster printing.
b. Include the size and quantity of posters to be printed
3. The student should create their poster in both a PowerPoint format and a PDF file format. a. This allows the IT staff two options to print with.
4. The IT department will notify the student when the poster has been printed and is dry enough to pick it up from Link 204.