- Search, download & Install the desired Xerox copier drivers - located here.
- Click the Apple menu, open System Preferences → Printers and Scanners.
- Click the "+" button to add a new printer, select "IP"
- Select "Line Printer Daemon - LPD" as the protocol
- Enter the information for the copier (IP address, copier name).
- In the bottom drop-down menu, select "Select Software..."
- Type in the Xerox model number in the search field - if you have installed the software in step 1, you will see the appropriate driver for the Xerox model in the list.
- Click "Add" to add the printer.
- In order to print in Black and White only, you will need to adjust the following settings:
- Click on the 2nd drop down box under Presets and choose "Xerox Features" then in the next drop down, choose " Paper/Output" and choose "On" for the Xerox Black and White option.
- This setting can be saved as a preset by clicking on "Default Settings" and choosing the "Save Current Settings as Preset" option.
- Name the Preset and click OK.
- If your department uses account codes, in the same Xerox Features window, click on the Paper/Output drop down box and choose Advanced.
- Scroll down to Configuration and click on Accounting.
- In the window that pops up, choose Xerox Standard Accounting.
- You can customize your options in here. You can choose Always Prompt or Do Not Prompt for instance. Your account code needs to be entered into the Default User ID field.
For devices with Xerox Standard Accounting (that require an ID to use), you need to be sure to use the System print dialog box. In products such as Google Chrome, and the Adobe product suite, they use their own printer dialog boxes - for these, be sure to switch to the System dialog (or click on the "Printer..." button in Adobe products, then "Print" from there). Otherwise, you will not be prompted for the print code, and your print job will fail. For some Xerox printers, using an account code to print from macOS specific applications such as Preview and Safari, along with others, the print job will fail. This is due to a Xerox driver limitation in the macOS. Please use Microsoft Office products and Adobe products to print from when using an account code to print.