- For directions on adding/editing a preferred name, please see MySlice Personal Profile Tile and Pages.
- Additional information can be found on the Preferred Name Type Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
- Report writers across campus who have access to student names no longer require special approval to access and use Preferred Names. The related fields have been integrated into the primary Student Biodemographic Data Warehouse view.
- Students' preferred or chosen names are individual choices and are often deeply connected to students’ identities and sense of belonging. Preferred or chosen names may include a shortened version of a legal name, the use of a middle name, or a completely different name that reflects who they are. Per University policy, preferred or chosen names should be used where possible in the course of University education and communication. However, in many circumstances, it may be a name that the student wishes to exclusively use on campus. In an effort to ensure a safe and positive experience for the student, it is strongly recommended that for any communications sent to a student’s permanent addresses, their primary name be used as opposed to their preferred or chosen name.
- Questions about utilization should be directed to email@example.com.
- For information on adding/editing pronouns, please see MySlice Personal Profile Tile and Pages.
- Additional information can be found on Pronouns Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).