- CAGE Hours
- Access to Newhouse CAGE Equipment
- Equipment Requests & Reservations
- Equipment Checkout
- Equipment Return
- Personal Data & Property
- Lost, Stolen and Damaged Gear
- The cage is open the following times during the Fall & Spring semesters*:
- Monday – Thursday: 8:00am – 7:00pm -
- Friday: 8:00am – 4:30pm*
Hours will vary during the summer, breaks and holidays
- CAGE closes for 30 minutes during shift changes throughout the day.
- Equipment can be picked up or dropped off during the posted CAGE hours only.
*Hours will vary during the summer, breaks and holidays.
Access to Newhouse CAGE Equipment
- A valid SUID (or valid E.S.F ID card) is required for all transactions.
- Equipment can be checked out for up to 24 hours.
- Extended check out periods for special projects must be coordinated at least 2 business days in advance by the borrower’s faculty member and or Department Chair by emailing email@example.com requesting an extension for the said borrower.
- The student (borrower) checking out the equipment MUST check all of the equipment and confirm that it is in working condition, and all of the components of the equipment are present prior to leaving the CAGE. (See Lost, Stolen and Damaged Gear Section)
- The receipt of equipment and financial responsibility of equipment form MUST be signed prior to leaving the CAGE area. (See Insurance Section)
- If the borrower identifies any issues with the equipment after check out they must notify the CAGE staff immediately. If off campus, call the CAGE at 315-443-5663 or email the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Borrower’s are expected to use the equipment in a careful and proper manner and shall comply with and conform to all applicable laws, ordnance and regulations in any way relating to the use or possession of the equipment.
- All equipment must be returned no later than the time specified on the receipt by the borrower at the time of check out. Equipment can be returned before this deadline during normal CAGE hours if it is no longer needed. (See Lost, Stolen and Damaged Gear & Personal Data & Property Sections)
- Borrowers are REQUIRED to return the equipment in the same organized fashion it was provided.
- All late returns are subject to late fees and the 3 Strike Policy:
- Strike 1: Written warning on account .
- Strike 2: Account locked, Professor must submit approval to email@example.com confirming they spoke with the student in regards to late returns before the borrowers account will be unlocked.
- Strike 3: Account deactivated, CAGE privileges revoked, mandatory meeting with the CAGE staff, professor and Department Chair.
- If a student is running late, they must contact 315-443-5663 so the staff can add a note to their account. Multiple instances of tardiness will result in their account being listed under Strike 2 above.
- Equipment made available through the CAGE to students is not covered under the Universities General Insurance Policies. If any equipment checked out to a user is damaged, lost or stolen the person the equipment is checked out to will be held financially responsible for the equipment’s loss and or repair.
- Students are strongly encouraged to obtain their own Personal Property Insurance, as most homeowner’s policies do not cover equipment on loan. There is a policy available though Haylor, Freyer & Coon, Inc. (www.haylor-college.com/pp) to protect students personal property and any equipment in their possession. Please be sure to get the proper coverage amount to cover the costs associated with any equipment you may take out on loan.
101216 072221 Rev1.1 2