- Admission is based upon the cumulative GPA and the portfolio, audition, or transfer intent questionnaire. Arts Education and Music Education students must also adhere to the School of Education requirements.
- Submit a completed Application for Undergraduate Intra-University Transfer form, available for download on the Office of the Registrar website, to Hannah Nast in the Office of Academic and Career Advising, 200 Crouse College.
- Complete program-specific additional requirements as listed below.
- The following programs do not accept spring applicants: Film (Department of Transmedia), Communications Design, Environmental and Interior Design, Fashion Design and Industrial and Interaction Design (School of Design); and all programs in the Setnor School of Music. The Department of Drama adheres to the dates and deadlines for incoming students (contact our admissions office for more information). Acceptance to these programs will require four or five years (Industrial Design) in VPA. This is non-negotiable as the degrees cannot be completed in less than their standard sequence.
- Effective immediately: Computer Art and Animation (Department of Transmedia) and the associated minors, Animation and Visual Effects, and Computer Gaming, are closed. We still encourage applications but cannot guarantee acceptance.
Schedule a Meeting
IUT Information Sessions
- September 3 at 9:30 am
- September 17 at 1 pm
- October 1 at 1 pm
- October 15 at 9:30 am
- October 29 at 9:30 am
- November 12 at 1 pm
Note: all meetings will take place in Crouse College, room 305. Dates listed above are all on Fridays. If there is a conflict with your schedule, set up a meeting with Hannah (email@example.com) through Orange Success.
School of Art, School of Design, and Department of Transmedia
Students cannot have 60 or more credits completed at the time of application.
Entering Fall deadline: Extended to April 15, 2021 March 15
Entering Spring deadline: October 15