Page tree

Versions Compared


  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.


Other internal/department awards are not considered "employment," but rather support for students during their education.  These can be full or partial and do not necessarily follow payroll dates or terms.  These award payments are processed through the SU Disbursements Office (after department budget approval and other applicable units (e.g., sponsored/restricted accounting) via a "Stipend Payment Request" form.

Steps for completion of the Internal Stipend Request Form:


  • Use the “Stipend Payment Request” form located here.
  • Check the project/program to ensure the fellowship/stipend meets any restrictions.
  • Check the project/program that there is adequate funding to cover the stipend/fellowship
  • Fill out the form with all of the necessary information.  
    • Under Stipend chartstring, put the whole chartstring
    • Under Requested by, Put name of person filling out the form
    • The authorized signer is the Physics Budget Manager
    • The authorized Sponsored Award Signer  is the Associate Director of Sponsored Accounting
    • Under,  If Sponsored Reason for Payment, put the name of the Fellowship or program (internship, workshop participation, etc.)
    • For section on recipient required to perform services for stipend, it is typically no, since it is a fellowship, traineeship, internship, workshop participation, etc.
    • Fill in the (SU ID, Last name  First name, work requirement, status, monthly amount, # of payments, payment month ) for every month the fellow is receiving a stipend
    • Add your name and contact information as person filling out the form.
    • After you get Physics Budget Manager signature, save a copy of the signed PDF   Where save?  
    • Email to:  
      • Sponsored Accounting ( if sponsor-funded, restricted accounting (if restricted funding used) (email address), or disbursements (if unrestricted funds used)  (add email address)
      • Copy: 
        • Phyadmin for logging
        • Graduate Award <>
        •  Academic Support <>
  • *NOTE:  If a student/fellow is on a stipend, and is taking fewer than nine credits in a semester,   in addition to the Stipend Sheet, you may have to fill out a  Full Time Status Form (send to )and/or Syracuse University Graduate Scholarship Form  (send to A&S for approval.)