Table of Contents
External/Guest users can be added to a Microsoft Teams Team to collaborate with Syracuse affiliated users. Anyone can be added to a Team via their email address.
External/Guest User Experience
- An External/Guest user invited to be part of a Team will receive an email notifying them of the invitation
- The individual will follow the link 'Open Microsoft Teams', which will open in their default browser
- They will be prompted to open it in the desktop app or within the browser
- After selected preferred method to access Teams, the user will be prompted to login with a Microsoft Account. If no Microsoft Account exists, one can be created
- After successful login, the guest will be prompted with a basic introduction to Teams
Teams with External/Guest User Notice
After an external/guest user has joined your Team, the top right of the Teams window will display a notice that guest user(s) have joined.
External/Guest User Permissions
External/guest users can do many of the same functions within a Team as someone with an active University affiliation. Permissions as provided by Microsoft.
Additional Teams How-To Pages
- Adding Users or Groups in Microsoft Teams
- Create a Team in Microsoft Teams
- External/Guest User Meeting Experience
- External/Guest User Teams Experience
- Join a Microsoft Teams Meeting
- Manage Your Microsoft Teams Meeting
- Managing Teams Notifications
- Microsoft Teams Audio and Video Setup
- Scheduling Meetings in Microsoft Teams
- Using Chat in Microsoft Teams