VMware Remote Console (VMRC) and Web Console
With the vSphere Client, you can access a virtual machine's console by displaying it in a separate Web browser, or from the VMware Remote Console (VMRC). For optimal VM performance, we recommend using the VMRC.
Launching the VMware Remote Console (VMRC)
The VMRC opens as a standalone application for the selected virtual machine. You can also launch more than one console to access several remote virtual machines at the same time. You can use the standalone VMRC to connect to client devices. With VMRC, you can access the mouse and keyboard connected to remote virtual machines.
The steps involved in the launching of the VMware Remote Console Application (VMRC) are listed below:
1. In the vSphere Client, navigate to a virtual machine in the inventory.
2. Click the Summary tab, and click the Launch Remote Console link.
3. A dialog box opens that requires you to confirm that you want to open the remote console. Click Open VMware Remote Console to confirm.
Installing VMRC on your Local PC
Default Virtual Machine Console
You can select your preferred Virtual Machine console when clicking on the console icon on the top of the Virtual Machine page.
The steps involved in the setting the default virtual machine console are listed below:
1. Click on your Account and select My Preferences, located in the upper-right hand corner.
2. Navigate to the Default Console tab.
3. Select your preferred virtual machine console.