IST 344 is the Syracuse University course on business communications. This course covers communication, presentation, and professionalism. It is the only course at Syracuse University that helps you transition from being a college student to a confident professional and is the key course in the success of students to secure an internship or job. You will learn to effectively communicate, present with enthusiasm, and impress your colleagues and teammates.
This course, more than any other course you have taken, requires your on-time attendance and participation in every class!
IST 344 counts as a liberal arts elective for iSchool majors. Students not majoring in the iSchool should consult their home college for permission to count IST 344 as a liberal arts course.
Professor of Record
This is a required course for undergraduate students in the School of Information Studies and several other majors at Syracuse University. It is a recommended course for all students at Syracuse University that are looking to improve their presentation skills.
After taking this course, students will be able to:
- Prepare and orally present well-organized material in an interesting and professional manner.
- Use graphics concepts and techniques to design formats for printed materials.
- Evaluate and discuss the presentation of information in print, online, and oral formats.
- Communicate effectively in oral and printed form with different types of audiences.
- Effectively use a variety of software tools to develop and present information effectively.
IST 344 Fall 2020 Syllabus- Takach, Peggy
Other iSchool Courses
- IDS 301 - What's the Big Idea?: Technology Innovation
- IDS 302 - Idea2Startup
- IDS360 - Entrepreneurial Immersion Experience
- IDS 403 - Startup Sandbox
- IST 101 - First Year Forum
- IST 195 - Information Technologies
- IST 233 - Intro to Computer Networking
- IST 256 - Appl.Prog.For Information Syst
- IST 263 - Intro to Front-End Web Dev
- IST 300 - Digital Platforms
- IST 300 - The Power of Information
- IST303 - Global Financial Systems Architecture
- IST305 - Globalization: Collaboration, Culture, Systems & Data
- IST 322 - Digital Strategy & Analytics for the Web
- IST 323 - Intro to Information Security
- IST325 - Information Management Consultation
- IST 335 - Intro/Info Based Organizations
- IST 336 - Leading Issues in Info Security
- IST 337 - IM&T Support Practicum
- IST 341 - Human-Centered Design
- IST 342 - Information Security Policy
- IST 343 - Data in Society
- IST 344 - Info Reporting & Presentation
- IST 345 - Managing Info Systems Projects
- IST 346 - Info Tech Mgmt & Administration
- IST349 - Human-Computer Interaction
- IST 352 - Info Analysis of Org. Systems
- IST 359 - Intro to Data Base Mgmt Systs
- IST 363 - Advanced Front End Web Design
- IST 382 - Cultural Competence for Information Professionals
- IST 387 - Intro to Applied Data Science
- IST 426 - Information Justice and Community Engagement
- IST 400 - Blockchain Management
- IST402 - Digital Forensics
- IST 407 - Advanced Data Analytics
- IST 414 - Data Driven Inquiry
- IST419 - Economics for Info Mgmt
- IST 421 - Information Visualization
- IST 425 - Enterprise Risk Management
- IST431 - Security in Networked Environments
- IST 442 - Agile Project Management
- IST443 - Critique of the Information Age
- IST447 - Complex Issues in IT Project Management
- IST448 - Enterprise Wireless Networks
- IST 452 - Advanced Computer Networking
- IST453 - Telecommunications Regulations
- IST456 - Information Policies and Decision Making
- IST462 - Scripting for Data Analysis
- IST 466 - Prof Issues/Info Mgmt & Tech
- IST469 - Advanced Database Management Systems
- IST471 - Internship in Info Mgmt & Tech
- IST472 - Coop Educ in Info Mgmt & Tech
- IST475 - Full Stack Web Development
- IST476 - Applied Information Security
- IST 477 - Research in Innovation, Society, and Technology
- IST 486 - Social Media in the Organiz.