Zoom gave the ability for standard users to be able to install their software without the need to elevate to an admin user directly to their Home Application directory. Zoom has since changed the way zoom.us installs and it is now required to elevate to an admin in order to finish the installation. It was also a requirement to update to version 5 by May 30, 2020 in order to be able to participate in meetings. Arts and Sciences Computing Services Group has pushed the new version to all managed Macintosh computers. If you have not received the update, please run Updates from the Managed Software Center. This NEW version was installed in the root Application directory which is different than your Home directory. Please follow the directions below to delete the old version of zoom.us from your Home directory.
- In the Finder menu, click on Go and choose Home.
- An Application folder should be listed in your Home directory. If there is NOT an Application directory listed, you do not have to move forward. This means you did not install an older version of zoom.us.
- Highlight zoom.us by clicking the file once (do not double-click, that will launch Zoom).
- Click on the settings icon and choose Move to Trash.
- Empty Trash.
- The new version of Zoom will be available in the root Application directory.
For more information on logging into Zoom with your Syracuse University credentials, please visit https://zoom.syr.edu.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.